|They are measuring exactly the amount of the "Black Treacle" that needed to be used.|
- Unsalted butter (115g, chilled and diced)
- Brown sugar (175g)
- Egg (1nos)
- Black Treacle (2tbsp)
- Plain Flour (350g)
- Ground Ginger (1tsp)
- Bicarbonate Soda (1tsp)
- Vanilla Essence (1tsp)
- Icing Sugar (250g)
- Egg White (1/2 nos)
- Lemon Juice (1/2 tsp
- Glycerin (1/2 tsp)
- Gummies (30g)
- Silver Dragees (10g)
- Candies/ Chocolate Buttons (40g)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Grease three baking sheets
- Mix flour, bicarbonate soda, ginger and diced butter till resemble fine breadcrumbs. Add sugar, egg, black treacle and form a dough,
- Turn out on to a floured surface and knead until smooth. Shape into a ball, wrap in clear film (plastic wrap) and chill for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the dough thinly and cut using people shaped cutters.
- Bake cookies for about 12 - 15 minutes or until pale golden.
- To make royal icing, beat the egg white with lemon juice and glycerin, gently add in icing sugar, batch till you get a soft thick paste.
- Decorate your gingerbread with candies, chocolate buttons, and royal icing. After that, mission accomplished.
|Wow! Everyone is choosing so busying doing their own gingerbread men :)|
|Tenshin, " she is showing her own gingerbread men masterpiece "|
|Our masterpiece. Do you like it? :)|
|This is our signature gingerbread men! Which do you like?|
|Group photos of all the butterflies!|